When you hear of light therapy, probably what comes to your mind is the expensive procedures offered by spa specialist or a licensed dermatologist. However, there are other devices that you can use to achieve light therapy by yourself. These devices are called LED light therapy. They help you to take care of your skin at the comfort of your home.
They are hand held and some are hand-free and comes with various light options for different skin treatment. With several brands on the market, you might find it challenging when it comes to getting the right LED light therapy. For this reason, we have selected top 10 best LED light therapy that will be a worthy investment.
How to choose the best LED light?
When looking for an LED light Therapy device, you should look out for the following features and factors.
- Types of lights: LED light therapy devices come with different color options. For instance, Red plus Infrared light penetrates the skin deeply. It helps to clear and tone your skin. This color is great for elastin and collagen production, which helps to heal wounds and scars. The Amber light offers less penetration of the skin and solves problems like sun burns. Lastly, the blue light effectively gets rid of acne causing bacteria. Additionally, when combined with red light helps to fade acne scars.
- Power Output: Another thing to look for in an LED light therapy device is power out. These devices come with recommended power output from the manufacturer. In addition, it also shows the required treatment duration and the appropriate power output.
- Number of LEDs: The number of LEDs is very important because they determine the power output and consequently the number of skin treatment you can receive. Therefore, be keen on the number of LED a light therapy comes with.
- Treatment Time: A powerful LED light therapy will take less time to treat an area. On the other hand, a less powerful one will take longer to do the same job. It is therefore, very important to look for one that the takes the shortest time possible to offer treatment.
- FDA Approval: When shopping for an LED light therapy, ensure that it is FDA approved. This is important for safety reasons. FDA approved devices are not only electrically safe but also ensures the radiation received by your skin is safe as well.
Why you need a LED light therapy
LED light therapy helps with:
• Skin rejuvenation
• Reduction of Hyperpigmentation, brightening of skin tone, Elimination of fine lines and Acne
• This device also helps to minimize scarring
• Kill bacteria that causes acne
• Helps to reduce inflammation
• Effective when it comes to all cosmetics skin treatment